109 Kirk Hall, University of Saskatchewan
117 Science Place, Saskatoon, SK S7N 3C8
306 966 5676 (Lab: 5172)
Research & Interests:
- GIScience and spatial cognition, with a focus on human navigation and wayfinding
- Cognitive maps and how we communicate what we know about the world
- Applied GIS and health geography
Projects I have funded:
- From the Canadian Institutes of Health Research I have a 3 year grant with Kathi Wilson, Nazeem Muhajarine, and Vivian Ramsden to study access to primary health care at the neighbourhood level.
- From the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada I have a 3 year grant to examine the role that drawing ability plays in our ability to communicate what we know about the world via hand drawn maps.
- With colleagues at the U of SK, U of Calgary, and Polytechnique Montreal I am developing and testing indoor positioning systems using wifi and bluetooth. This research is funded GEOIDE, a Canadian Network Centre of Excellence